TO APPLY FOR ANY OF THE POSITIONS LISTED BELOW,
PLEASE SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
DIRECTOR OF STUDENT MINISTRIES JOB OPENING
First United Methodist Church of Madisonville, Kentucky, a dynamic, missional 1200-member congregation, seeks an experienced and faithful individual for the position of Director of Student Ministries for a program that averages a weekly participation of 55-60 students. This is a full-time, salaried ministry position that is designed to implement the mission of First United Methodist Church by coordinating the planning and implementation of a comprehensive ministry serving alongside students from grade six through college in the congregation and community.
The qualified candidate should have education or equivalent experience in the field of student and/or youth ministry, and a missional heart to serve in the community and the world. The candidate should also have a vital relationship with Jesus Christ and proven ability to lead a diverse and comprehensive student ministries program. Candidates should be self-motivated, creative, a team-player, and a team builder with organizational and leadership skills.
JOB POSITION – Director of Student Ministries (Full Time)
The Director of Student Ministries oversees all aspects of the student ministry at First United Methodist Church which gives students an opportunity to grow in their Christian faith. The Director will build upon the already established ministry and lead the team of adult volunteers and students in weekly gatherings of fellowship and discipleship. The Director will also be responsible for coordinating local, regional, and international mission opportunities for students. The Director will lead and grow the student ministry at First United Methodist Church as we pursue a vision of fostering spiritual growth that brings glory to Jesus Christ and reaches out into the community to invite other students to know Christ.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
SALARY RANGE: $40,000-$48,000 depending on experience and education.
The Director of Student Ministries works primarily with 10-12 adult volunteers who assist him or her in their work. This position reports directly to a Lead Pastor.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Responsible for all aspects of student ministries at Madisonville First United Methodist Church 6th grade through college graduates including but not limited to Wednesday night student ministries gathering, Sunday School opportunities for students, retreat opportunities, and confirmation.
- Work with other church staff to coordinate the overall ministry program of the church and collaborate with staff that also interface with students (i.e. music; multicultural ministry; kid’s ministry).
- Develop relationships with students and their families and youth leaders, providing care and support, as needed.
- Recruit and equip adults to serve as volunteers in the Student Ministry.
- Promote and encourage involvement by students in the Student Ministry.
- Work with the Student Leadership Team to give students an opportunity to help lead an effective Student Ministries and to empower students as leaders.
- Supervise outreach, discipleship, and fellowship opportunities for college students.
- Encourage and help equip parents to partner in their student’s discipleship.
- Coordinate local, regional, and international mission opportunities for students.
- Connect and maintain relationships with other community student ministries and organizations (i.e. area youth pastors; local school system).
- Work with the Madisonville Chrysalis Community to coordinate their use of church facilities and to be involved in the Chrysalis ministry.
- Oversight of the student ministries budget
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred from an accredited college or university (Ministry degree preferred but not required).
- Experience in working with students and leadership in a congregation
- Willingness to work in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual setting. (ability to speak another language other than English is a plus but not required)
- Willingness to practice and teach Methodist theology
- Ability to pass a background check and to complete Safe Sanctuaries Training
16 Paid Time Off Days Annually
4% Pension Contributions after 90 days
Cell Phone Allowance
Continuing Education Budget
First UMC does not offer health insurance.
All applicants must send a cover letter detailing their interest in the position and qualifications along with a resumé to email@example.com
NURSERY WORKER JOB OPENING
First United Methodist Church is seeking two part-time nursery workers. This is a great opportunity for individuals looking for a supplemental income or looking to fill their time through pouring out Christ's love on the youngest of the congregation. These hours are outside the regular working hours and could be a perfect fit in a busy schedule. The nursery workers will be responsible for ensuring a nurturing and safe environment for infants and toddlers to recognize God's presence in their lives. We strive to teach our children to be thankful for the many blessings we have received by thanking God for the little things and to show the children that they are a blessing. The nursery workers will also be responsible for ensuring basic hygienic needs.
Hours: Every other Sunday 8:15 a.m. -12:15 p.m. and potential Wednesday 5:30 p.m. - 7:45 p.m. There are occasional opportunities that arise with other activities throughout the year where you would be called to see if you could work these events as needed.
There is an opportunity to be per diem (call as needed) for anyone that is searching for just the occasional supplement to income.
Applicants should send a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org